Monday, February 02, 2009

GOD, IT'S KILLING ME...



The lights are out. A tiny moon sparks at me from the upper left corner of the window. It looks so nice, doesn’t it? A shimmering circle of white abode. How beautiful it actually looks on a clear starlit sky. Seems just like the whitish scar on the dark horizon face. Scars. Remnants of injuries, of infest, of the gone by.

I don’t know if you’ve ever noticed it. Maybe you have. If u look at the moon closely, on a full moon day. Well closely as far as you can get. There’s this dark blackish form which seems to be inside the moon. You stare at it. You might just notice it has the shape of a rabbit. Or maybe you’ll say my imagination’s just running wild. When I was very small, something like four or five, I read this story about how a rabbit was sent to the moon and stayed there, and even now you can see that. I happened to be too fascinated by this story then. And somehow could make out the shadowy silhouette of this rabbit then. And was singularly happy. And now as I lie, it just suddenly came back to me. And even amidst the half crescent could make out a part of that rabbit!

Weird how amazingly something can bring back a lot. And suddenly feeling low. Have been having this feeling of not achieving anything really. I know am capable of so much. I know I ‘wasted’ a precious time, but I prefer not to have it called ’wasted’. There’s this tendency to think that I can do that before doing this thing. It can be immensely motivating. But somehow you falter. Just don’t play to your potential. You know you can be miles better. You see all around. The world celebrates a success. Someone else’s. When it could well have been yours. You don’t despair. You say there’s a next time. And you join in the celebrations. And you feel so elated. You feel the true warmth and joy basking in someone else’s happiness. You soak it in. Its heavenly, trust me. And then the next chance presents itself. You start off. But again falter. You didn’t repeat that old mistake. But some fleeting mistake ruins it. You again join in celebrations, smiling along. And then you get another chance. This time you don’t falter. But alas, this time destiny plays its hand. Your destiny itself falters. Your luck doesn’t happen. No “Luck by chance”. You console yourself. You tell your mind, this time I had it right and somehow it wasn’t meant this time. I’ll get another chance. And by chance, opportunity presents itself, yet again. And. It doesn’t happen. Things don’t work out in your favour. This time, you start losing the plot. You run out of reasons to console yourself. To remind yourself. To hope, again. You know you can do it. But in the end you can’t. The world sees by the results, and they see you can’t. You see by the ability, not by the consequences. But they take a toll on your mind. You can’t take losing. You know it’s not that you don’t know what it’s to lose. You know only loss can lead to success. You know only loss can make one realize the true essence and sweetness of winning. Of victory. It’s just- this time, it’s not just one more time. It’s yet one more time. Time seems to be running out. Life seems to be taking a bend. You don’t know what lies ahead. Was a time when you knew you could face it. But not anymore. You turn your back on this, preparing for one final assault. Maybe you can finally do it. But a thought lingers and whimpers along like a squirrel at the back of your mind, Maybe you can’t. And maybe you can. And maybe you can’t.

FED- I can feel what’s going through you. Sounds sheepish but true. Maybe i have never played tennis ever in my life. But, Maybe I have been through this too. And mental anguish can really be a pain. “ GOD, IT’S KILLING ME …”

P.S.: The title of this post (and the last quote as well) has been inspired by Federer and his one line on breaking down after his loss to Rafa…

3 comments:

  1. Interesting thought!

    Moon fascinates me in every way.. and in any phase :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully written post. except that i did NOT want to be reminded of fed's loss. i almost cried myself :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey dude,

    I have never looked at the moon so closely but next full moon day am trying it for sure.

    And every person in the world goes along this phase that you were talking about, Federer would have felt the heat very much, the much anticipated title at sea. I have been through such situations very often, but we tend to get over it and say "I will do it next time" with the hope of that "next time" visiting us soon!

    Keep Blogging!
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete